Last modified: 01.01.2021
This Policy describes the information we collect from you or that you may provide to us when you use our Service or website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect it
Information we collect about you when you use our Service can be: (i) Personal Information; or (ii) Anonymous Information. “Personal Information” is any information that could reasonably be used to identify you, and “Anonymous Information” is information that cannot be used to identify you personally such as data concerning the time spent on a particular page of our website.
We may collect Personal Information about you in the ways described below. Please be advised that if you do not provide certain Personal Information to us when requested, you may not be able to register or use our Service if that information is necessary for that purpose or if we are legally required to collect that information.
Information You Provide to Us
When you register to become a user of our Service, you will need to provide Personal Information, which includes, for example, your: (i) first and last names; (ii) e-mail address; (iii) phone numbers (landline or mobile); (iv) the name and/or SSID (Service Set Identifier) number of your WiFi network; and (viii) geographic location when you create “Safe Zones” using our Service.
You will voluntarily provide us with your Personal Information when you register to establish an account through our Service; when you complete any online forms available in our mobile applications or website, which can include submitting information about your pet, your WiFi information, or payment information for signing up for a subscription service; and when you create a Safe Zone using our Service, which will involve your selection of points on a map to create a geofenced area which could identify your location.
If you choose to create an account with our Service through a single sign on using third party services such as Facebook, Google, Amazon, or Apple, Personal Information collected about you may include information about you that you provided to those service such as: (i) User ID; (ii) name; (iii) your avatar; (iv) email address; (v) Facebook page URL; and (vi) last update.
You may also provide us with Personal Information other ways such as when you send us an e-mail, post any content in our mobile applications or on our website, submit information or answers through comment forms on either, or send messages to other users on our website or Service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In addition to information you provide to us voluntarily, as you use our Service we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you which can include both Personal Information and Anonymous Information. For example, as noted above, geolocation information about where you or your pet is located can be collected automatically as well as from where our mobile applications are being used which could all identify your location or address. Our mobile applications could also be used with BLE beacons (Bluetooth low-energy beacons), which could identify your physical address as well.
We also automatically collect Anonymous Information about you which primarily consists of data and information about your interaction with our Service. This data and information may be collected by a technology called “cookies” and can include Anonymous Information about things such as: (i) the frequency of your visits to our website or uses of our mobile applications; (ii) the pages or screens viewed or clicked by you; (iii) the time you spent on any webpage or application screen; (iv) clickstream data; or (v) information about your device (e.g., whether it is a desktop computer or mobile device), the operating system you are using, and your browser type.
Our Cookies Policy
You can choose to not accept or delete (“flush”) cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. However, if you do so, you may be unable to access certain parts of our website or Service or lose some of the functionality of our Service. Unless you have set your browser not to accept cookies, our system and Service will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our website or use our mobile applications.
Opting-Out and Managing Cookies: When you visit our website or use our Service through a web browser or mobile device, you can change the settings in your browser or device to alter the cookie preferences, including not accepting cookies. We have provided links below to further information on how to manage cookies depending on the browser or device you use.
Microsoft Internet Explorer: support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mobile Devices: If you access our website or Service through a mobile device or our mobile applications, you can learn more about changing your cookie preferences by visiting the following link corresponding to your mobile operating system:
Apple iOS: support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
You can also choose to opt-out of Google Analytics if you wish. To learn more about this, you may visit the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How We Use Information We Collect
We use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information:
- To allow you to purchase our products and sign up for subscriptions in our Service;
- To ship products to you that you have ordered from us, or to fulfill product and Service requests;
- To allow you to create an account with our Service;
- To present our website and Service and their respective content and features to you, including personalizing your experience on our website or Service;
- To market products and services to users;
- To analyze data to send more targeted messages to visitors;
- To conduct research and analyze data to better understand user behavior when using our Service in order for us to improve our website, products, and Service;
- To enable vendors and contractors to assist with marketing, operation, troubleshooting and analysis of our website;
- To deliver email messages like special offers, updates, newsletters, customer service, and Services announcements;
- To recommend new content or other goods or services that may be of interest to you;
- To verify your identity and process transactions you participate in, including allowing us to process payments;
- To respond to your inquiries, and send you transaction-related emails or service notifications;
- To provide you with notices about your account or registration;
- To protect our website and Service, including protecting your and other users’ accounts;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information to us including any way we describe when you provide the information to us or for any other purpose with your consent.
How We May Disclose Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated companies;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we may use to support our business, such as for purposes of servicing or troubleshooting our website or Service, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To third parties to analyze data for marketing purposes or assist us with our marketing efforts or customer relationship management needs;
- To a buyer or other successor-in-interest to our Company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the users of our website and Service is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requests;
- If in our reasonable judgment we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our employees or customers, or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Your Choices With Regard to Your Information
We aim to provide you with choices regarding your Personal Information that you provide to us. To accomplish this, we have implemented certain features to provide you with control over your information, namely:
Account Information: You will be permitted to access your account (with an established user name and password) in order to change information you have provided in your account. For example, you will be able to delete or amend Safe Zones you have created, information concerning walks with your pet, your pet’s profile including its height, weight, and date of birth. You will be able to also edit or leave blank the following fields: (i) your user profile picture (avatar); (ii) last name; (iii) phone number(s); and (iv) the “About User” field. You will also be able to remove payment information or cancel subscriptions, remove someone from having access to your pet (e.g., a dog walker), and you can de-link or remove a single sign on account (e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.).
Opting-Out of Certain Communications: We may on occasion send you marketing or promotional emails about our products and services or those of a third-party. If you choose not to receive such emails from us, you can unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com or by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in the emails. Please note however that you will not be permitted to opt–out of any communications we are required by law to send to you, other related notices concerning your use of our website or Service such as emails notifying you of changes to the same, or transaction-based emails such as emails confirming your purchases of goods or signing up for a subscription.
Deleting Your Account: Upon your request, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will take reasonable steps to delete your account. Please note however that it might be impossible for us to delete all information completely because of data backups and records of deletions. We may also deny a request to delete if retaining the information is necessary of us or our service providers to: (i) complete a transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a product or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another user to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; (v) comply with a legal obligation; or (vi) if we believe the deletion would violate any law or legal requirement, or may be requested in connection with any fraudulent purpose or conduct. You may not remove de-identified, anonymous, or aggregate data from our databases.
Public vs. Private Account Settings: You will be able to choose to set your account as public or private. In both cases, other users of our Service will be able to see the avatar you have selected, your name, your “About User” section, and your pets associated with your account including your pets’ names, breeds, and avatars. However, the main difference between the public and private setting is who will be able to see your information. For public accounts, any registered user of our Service or mobile applications will be able to see your information listed above. For private accounts, then only the people that your share your pet with will be able to see your information described above.
Access to Specific Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Contact Us” below for contact information), we will disclose to you:
- The categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or, if sold for any reason, selling that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared that Personal Information;
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, if any, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Only you or someone authorized by you may make a verifiable consumer request as set out above related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make such a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to verifiable consumer requests within forty-five (45) days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We use measures intended to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. For example, we always use commercially reasonable efforts to follow industry best practices for authorization, encryption and access controls. Toward that end, all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls such as Google Cloud and Google Firestore. In addition, your Personal Information may be stored by third parties who provide services to us, which third parties will be required to maintain such information securely. Any payment transactions will also be encrypted.
Please note that the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Because our website and Service requires registered users to provide unique identifiers such as their username and password, you are responsible for keeping such username and password information confidential. You should not therefore share your username or password information with anyone.
To the extent our website or Service permits you to post information in public areas (e.g., message boards), we urge you to be careful about giving out such information in such public areas. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by other users of our website or Service. You should also avoid sharing computers or devices that you use to access our Service and be sure to log off the Service when you are not using it.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure at all times. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of such personal information transmitted to our website 100% of the time. Any transmission of such information is therefore at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our website or Service.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Service. If you no longer want to use our Service, you may close your account. However, after closing your account, we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Transfer of Your Information
Since we are located in the United States of America, your Personal Information will be collected and processed in the United States, which has its own privacy laws regarding data protection. Please note that the laws and regulations in the United States regarding protection of your Personal Information may not be the same as those in the country where you live. Therefore, if you do not wish for your Personal Information to be collected and processed in the United States, your only choice is to not visit our website or use our Service.
You may also write to us at Averia Electronics, Inc., 142 West 57th Street, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10019.